This castle on a narrow and steep rock ridge is also called Skála and was built around the year 1425. The core of the castle is composed of a multi-storey palace surrounded on three sides by rock blocks. Legends and some Medieval depictions support the idea that there were windmills on the rocks.
The deteriorating castle exchanged owners and in 1803 came into the hands of F. Z. Romisch, a failed, excited, slightly mad romantic. He turned Vranov into a Pantheon, covering the rock with a great number of memorial inscriptions and monuments, noting various heroic acts and personalities and busts of the three emperors, victors over Napoleon, were installed in the Hall of Heroes. On the sunny slopes of the Pantheon, he ultimately established a vineyard (the northernmost in Bohemia). The neo-Gothic chapel, a small path carved in the cliff, caves and various memorial plaques have been preserved.